It’s time to reopen your Garden’s most funny element: your Swimming Pool. This year, take control of your Pool Chemicals, making sure you keep your kids safe from eyes burn and make your water the best looking in the neighborhood. When ordering iopool Swimming Pool App, you will receive your EcO monitor and all you’ll have to do is to place it in your pool.
The App will tell you how to treat your pool water with the correct chemical products. The App will also give you a full list of products and doses to be added to your swimming pool water. Your Swimming pool will look great next to your Garden Plants.
Shock chlorine, also known as rapid chlorine, restores optimal disinfection of your pool in a minimal amount of time. It will also be very useful at the opening of the season or when the pool turns green.
In granular form, it has high chlorine content and high water solubility. It is the solubility of the product that gives it its name shock chlorine, or fast chlorine since its action is much faster than slow chlorine where dilution speed is lower.
Types of Shock Chlorine
- Stabilized (dichloroisocyanurate): which contains a stabilizer (isocyanuric acid), that prevents chlorine deterioration by UV light.;
- Unstabilized (calcium hypochloryte): much more unstable, it should be handled with care. It does not contain a stabilizer, so it is much more sensitive to the effects of the sun.
iopool Swimming Pool App Treatment, When and Why?
Fast chlorine is to be used in addition to a basic treatment with slow chlorine rollers. It is advised to be used as a remedial treatment:
- In the spring, after the winterization of your pool. Accompanied by thorough manual cleaning and continuous filtration.;
- When the water in your pool becomes cloudy and the disinfection capacity of your water (ORP) is too low, do a shock treatment to quickly restore the situation.;
- During hot weather, algae can grow in your pool, shock chlorination can solve this problem.;
- After heavy use of the pool, to avoid any imbalance or bacteria growth.;
- After outdoor pollution (storms, heavy rain, wildfires, etc.), a shock treatment can be considered in order to quickly restore the swimming water to its correct condition.
- Measure and balance the pH of your pool before performing a shock treatment. A pH that is too high will considerably reduce the effect of the chlorine. So make sure your pH is between 7 and 7.4.
- Start continuous filtration.
- Calculate the quantity of product needed in relation to the dimensions of your pool. Usually, suppliers recommend adding 200g of stabilized fast chlorine per 10m3 of water. If you have the iopool application, simply follow the exact recommendations of the product to be added.
- Dilute the shock powder in a bucket of warm water before spreading the mixture in your pool. This way, you will prevent the powder from settling on the bottom of the pool and ensure optimal diffusion.
- Wait at least 1 to 2 hours before swimming.
The iopool Shimmer N’ Shock
iopool offers very high quality, stabilized shock chlorine (99.7% active ingredient) in its range of cleaning products, made in California.
Please note that with each EcO START Pack, you receive 5lbs of Shimmer N’ Shock fast chlorine.